Monday, November 13, 2006

A loss in the district.

I made mac and cheese for a Thanksgiving potluck. 1 pound of pasta, 1 pound of ricotta, and 1 pound of cheddar. I looked up heart attack in the dictionary and the cheese to pasta ratio seemed appropriate to kill a horse. It came out well and the evening was good fun. The table was spread with plenty of food and after trying a bit of everything I was ready for a tryptophan nap. I journeyed home with the music blaring and windows down to ensure my safe travels. I arrived at home and managed to go to bed at 9:15. I woke up at 5am to do my work. The morning was absurdly productive and I headed off to school. Half way through the day we found out that one of the high school teachers had a heart attack and died at school. He is the husband of our PE teacher and was an excellent history teacher. He taught a handful of the current North Bolivar staff during their time in high school. His commentary was priceless during district wide meetings and he was a leader among the school community. He will be sorely missed. School is closed tomorrow for reflection and grieving. My heart and prayers go out to Ms. B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home