Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Caution...anger ahead.

Man am I angry. The wretched burning that is consuming and crawling upon my skin like the billions of ants that will invade my house come spring-time is a torrid aggravation. Oh, look at that, another reference to the bugs dictating the seasons as opposed to the weather. There was torrential rain and wind yesterday and now there are crickets in my house. As I slapped two of them and herd their exoskeletons crunch I thought about the sound they would make grinding between my teeth should I have no food and be left with cricket stew. There is a wasp in my classroom. For the last week there has been a wasp in my classroom. I cannot imagine it is the same one, but the students point it out every so often and the other day I told them that if they mentioned it again I would eat the wasp then eat the student who thought it worthwhile to interrupt class.

Class was miserable today. Bitter, contemptuous misery prevails. The students were off task. Let me contribute the nature of this behavior to homecoming week disruptions, new groups in the classroom, and students wearing their throwback jerseys. It’s like they don these Jerseys and become hot shots. They think they are hard like their latest gun slinging, crack smoking rap hero. Beyond poor behavior, I am totally lost. I am drowning in the benchmarks of these nine weeks. The kids lack most of the necessary third grade skills, for multiplication, division, time, and measurement. I have not even come close to teaching a fourth grade benchmark and we are 7 days through this semester. We have not had a full week of school either. Assemblies, short days, testing days, pulling kids for homecoming activities, teaching students to use laptops, and my last class was decimated when all the girls had to go to the gym for 30 minutes to pick up their drug free cheerleader outfits. Pass them out in gym, or give them to me to distribute at the end of the day.

I crashed my car driving home from delivering Shelby Fest announcements to ten Shelby churches. Ten, I kid you not, and I am sure there are more. No big deal, no one was hurt and the damage was minimal. When the cop ran my plates I learned that my tags were expired. Kerplow! $225 plus the new tags, an additional $100, equals more money then I have to spend. So much for that budget surplus this month which now makes cricket stew look like more than a farce. Arrrggghh! I feel much better now. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home