Thursday, October 12, 2006

A quick update.

Things are accelerating out of control. My classroom is becoming an environment of constant productivty. Down time is unacceptable and learning and practicing need to occur endlessly. The other day I introduced Sudoku puzzles and the kids are digging it. Now when they finish required work they have the option to do a math quilt, play Sudoku, or practice flashcards. When I looked around the room on Tuesday each student was occupied with a valuable activity. At one group four students were doing three different activities. This was a huge step forward in reducing down-time.

Shelby Fest is on the move. We have our approvals and funding. Student are creating and implementing fun fest activity booths that are on the way to looking stellar. It is three am and I have just finished creating banners for the booths. They are spectacular, five foot pvc pipes spray painted like candy canes in a variety of colors with fabric artfully strewn across. The students will be painting the banners to advertise their events tomorrow.

The shirts came in the mail and are super-cool, You know, "super-cool" was a slang expression used in Panama as well, it meant the exact same thing as I am conferring here. Bizarre. For those of you who ordered a shirt please give us three weeks to ship them out. We will do our best to get that out as soon as possible, but as you can imagine there are currently about a ba-jillion things happening all at once and I nervous about my head exploding.

Michael

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Dan Waldhoff said...

Aloha,

I enjoy reading your blog and would like you to contact me about using parts of your blog in a book to be published in Japan.

Thanks,

Dan Waldhoff
dwaldhoff@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home