Friday, January 19, 2007

HEAT!!! Yea!

I took my car to get the heat fixed yesterday. I dropped the vehicle off and waited in the blustery cold for my ride. I left the key in the gas compartment and needed to call the mechanics at 7am to tell them what to do. I forgot to do that. It hit me that I was suppose to call at about 1:20 in the afternoon and at this point I was praying they would be able to fix my Jeep in the few remaining hours they were open.

I got a teacher to monitor my class while the students were doing independent work. I ran to the office to make a quick call and there was a line of students, 5 or 6, waiting to be paddled. While I was on the phone Ms. M... was calling in the students one at a time and delivering licks. She whoops with gusto. During my conversation with the auto place there must have been at least 12 slaps of the paddle upon the students’ backsides. I can only imagine what the folks on the other end of line were thinking about the noise. Granted they are from the area so it may not have been startling at all, but I wonder what a Northerner would have thought of the noise. I also thought it was kind of odd that I was not asked to use the phone in the other room. Either way the scene resounded with Delta hysteria.

They fixed my car. I have heat. No more shivering while driving. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home