Sunday, January 21, 2007

They are so cute...and deadly.

My girlfriend is petite. She has two not so petite dogs that are bred to destroy. She is the happy owner of two Pit bulls, one brown the other blue. The blue dog, Midnight, was fought as a pup and rescued. He is scarred from the rough and tumble days of dog fighting, but now has a loving home. The dog is also very docile with a fabulous personality, however he has a problem with other male dogs. When J… comes to my house she brings the dogs. My house resides on a property with I don’t know, I think 7 or 8 dogs now.

She lets her dogs out. We bring them toward the house. One of the black dogs on the property comes over and starts barking, fur standing on end, and teeth bared. He is about the same size but maybe a few pounds lighter than Midnight, oh and he is lacking the massive jaw of destruction that Pit bulls have. Midnight, disliking other male dogs and having been fought as a child, jumped up and latched his jaws upon the black dog's head with no intent of letting go. J…, with out hesitation reaches right in and grabs the dogs trying to separate them and is screaming “MIDNIGHT LET GO! MIDNIGHT LET GO!” She tells me in the midst of the chaos that I am going to need something to hit Midnight with as hard as possible and repeatedly. I grabbed the rake and whacked the dog a few times, the rake broke and the dog let go. I am thankful J... didn’t lose a hand among the snarling, bared teeth and clamped jaws .

The black dog scampered off with a few added holes in its head. Midight walks into my house pretty heated, a boxer style cut above his right eye, and tracking blood through the kitchen from a wounded paw. It’s a good thing he let go. He would have destroyed that other dog, no question about it. I wonder what the Mings would have said. I wonder if they will notice the wounds. Good fun here at the farm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home