Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Patagonia

I have been on the road for about two and a half weeks now and have not slept for more than one night in a singular spot. It is time for a break to unwind, put my feet up, and relax. This should happen in a few days and I am prepping to depart for the mountains once again.

I have seen some of earth´s most incredible gifts. Tall sleek granite spires, icebergs hundred of feet deep bristling and breaking dropping off into rivers and lakes, forests slung with vines, valleys formed by millenia of natural turbulence, and the rushing rivers of Patagonia. I have unexpectedly trekked through freezing temperatures, snow, ice, wind and rain. I have been to the end of the earth and hiked though mountains to glaciers and slept alopng side turquiose galcial lakes and rivers lined white enormous white rocks.

Today will mark the final trip for trekking. It will be short two day 20K trek into the mountains of Argentina´s lake distit. It was suppose to be longer but I have been advised that many of the mountain passes are blocked by snow or have high risks of avalance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home