Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Teacher

I have a new Spanish teacher. Apparently there was a breakdown in communication when I was signing up for classes and Seba thought I was only going to take class for two weeks. That however is not the case I will be taking classes until the first of December. My original instructor signed up to teach another classes in my time slot so Seba found me another teacher.

I am pleased. I think this new teacher, Ines, is more qualified. Only time will tell. She has some decent ideas on teaching and is bringing valuable varied readings to class. We spoke about the philosophical underpinnings of my existence and the following day she brought a book that explored the material. She spent 6 years living in Atlanta four of which were spent teaching in a charter middle school. She returned back to Argentina to be near her family and a familiar culture. She is in school, gives Spanish classes, and works full time at an outsourced call center for Capital One. ¨Hi this is Ines at Capital One, how can I help you?¨ She is hardworking and trying to make the lessons meaningful.

Another bonus is that I find myself yawing less. For the first two weeks, I could not control myself. It was like I was on auto yawn in a sleeplessness factory. I didn´t know why I had this affliction. I have been getting enough sleep. It appears now that I was bored. The flow of the class and delivery of information were not holding my interest and I was unsure what to do to improve the situation. This teacher change seems to have made a difference. Hoo-ray for learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home