Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Florida

It is very cold in New York right now. I believe about 20 something degrees minus whatever the wind chill brings. Thankfully I am not there, but in sunny Florida where the temperature has been hovering at a daytime average of 70 degrees. AHHHHH! Warm weather and sun for a mid-winter break.

I am passing the week with two of my Uncles. We are hanging out and bonding. So far there has been motorcycle and boat repairs, beer, and steak. Today we are to partake in BOATING ACTION. This is a highly publicized event involving an 8HP outboard engine hooked to the back of a canoe. If all goes well there will also be Pinot Grigio, Cigars, and Cuban sandwiches. I hope the hysteria is not lost on anyone.

Adding to the hysteria we have been towing the canoe behind the lawn tractor while drinking beers. I think we are doing our best to be absurd. In fact I think I may only be able to surpass this scene if I decide to go out on the tractor shirtless and in my boxer shorts.

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Ms. Sutherland said...

Hey Mike, miss ya! I am loving reading about your travels and living vicariously through them.

I read something earlier about you being curious about the Rockies.I will probably be in Colorado next year, any chance you might get out that way?

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Tênis e Sapato, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tenis-e-sapato.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home